Not just for Easter, these cute little cork bunnies are easy to make and have loads of personality!
I’ve been slightly obsessed with the idea of making cork bunnies for a while now. Since I’m not a wine drinker, I had to put the word out to a few friends to please save their wine corks. Turns out when you ask people to save wine corks during a pandemic, it’s a pretty easy task!
Due to the fact that I finished these cork bunnies on Easter morning (ahem), I don’t have a tutorial per se, but I do have lots of photos and inspiration. This is a great project for using up scraps of fabric and trim!
Gather Your Materials
- Wine or champagne corks
- Acrylic paint
- Fabric scraps
- Small size trim scraps (rick rack, tiny ball fringe, etc.)
- Pom poms
- Paint markers or Sharpies
- Tacky glue
- Glue gun
Make Cork Bunnies
Here is a summary of the steps to create your own cork bunnies:
- Paint each cork. I did two coats of paint for full coverage.
- Cut bunny ears out of felt. Use a contrasting felt color to cut out smaller “insides” for each ear.
- Use tacky glue to glue the insides to the ears. Attach the ears to the cork with glue gun.
- Add a face. I used paint pens but Sharpies and googly eyes are also an option.
- Create a dress by attaching a fabric scrap around the cork with a glue gun.
- Add trim around the hem of the dress.
- Cut out a small leaf from green felt. Glue to the top of the cork.
- Create a small flower by rolling a ~2″ strip of felt and secure with a glue gun.
- Attach the felt flower to the top of the cork.
- Use the glue gun to attach a pom pom tail to the back of the cork.
After you’ve created a fluffle of cork bunnies, it’s time to take a whole bunch of pictures because they’re just too cute.
Cute from the front and from the back!
Also cute from above:
Cute in a group:
Cute on their own:
I hope you’re inspired to make some wine cork bunnies of your own. They’re fun to display but they could also be used a place card holders, Easter tree ornaments, or gift toppers ~ so many possibilities!
Looking for another Spring themed project? Make a felt flower banner ~ get the tutorial here.
P.S. Want to learn about new blog posts & projects directly in your inbox? Sign up to receive my newsletter, Cliff Notes, and get colorful inspiration & DIYs, news, and special offers delivered right to you!